Friday, November 25, 2011

Eggy Cups - Or What To Do With Leftover Veggies

My favorite Thanksgiving side dish that I love to indulge in is stuffing. Specifically, Pepperidge Farms herb stuffing. I didn't make much, so the leftovers are already gone. (dipping cold stuffing in cold gravy is my favorite way to eat it!) I did make a lot of veggies yesterday - a bag of steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, and a tray of roasted asparagus. I made a batch of my Eggy Cups with spinach yesterday morning after I got home from the Turkey Trot, and they got polished off very quickly. This afternoon I made another batch, this time with the leftover veggies. At 1 Weight Watchers Plus Point each (17 points for the entire dozen), these are filling and healthy.


Eggy Cups with Sausage and Veggies (makes 12)

12 wonton wrappers
2 Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties, diced
1/2 cup chopped, cooked asparagus
1 cup steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, chopped
1 cup Egg Beaters
1/2 cup shredded fat free cheese
PAM cooking spray (olive oil)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray each wonton wrapper with cooking spray, using your finger to evenly coat wrapper if needed, and place in muffin tin cup, spray side down. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.

In a small skillet, heat up the diced turkey sausage and chopped veggies. My broccoli, etc., was very over cooked, so it became more of a mush. Attractive sounding, right? Add in the Egg Beaters and stir until well mixed together and eggs are almost set. Add in the shredded cheese and mix in. Fill the wonton cups. These can be seved hot or cold.

1 comment:

  1. Just found you blog - I'm also on a get fit journey. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete