Saturday, November 12, 2011

Rematch Update

I finished! And it was a better time than the July race, so that's a plus. My time on my Garmin was 1:18:27. Garmin also told me that I ran 6.3 miles, too. I noticed that the course markings were different from my GPS by mile 2. The conditions were crazy. It was sunny, about 60 degrees, and SUPER windy. Since the trail goes along the lake for the majority of the race, there were some serious winds to run in. Shout out to New Friend who finished her first 10k in just over an hour! And big thanks to the tall bald guy with a beard who passed me around mile 4 when he was on his return loop and yelled out some encouragement to me. He also cheered me on from his car when he was leaving the park and I was about half a mile from the finish. Thank you. :)

Now, I'm going to finish me lovely omlette, help The Aussie with a few things around here, and then take my doggies on a long awaited for walk. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for supportive fellow runners and a new PR! And an omelette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! So glad this was a much better experience!

    ReplyDelete